Salary: $72,445 - $90,556. Commensurate with experience.
Reference Number: 605611
Northern Arizona University
Committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment, NAU has earned a solid reputation as a university with all the features of a large institution but with a personal touch. NAU carefully balances teaching, scholarship and service with a faculty and staff dedicated to each student’s success. All faculty members are expected to promote student learning and help students achieve academic outcomes.
While our emphasis is undergraduate education, we offer a wide range of graduate programs and research that extend to such national concerns as forest health and bioterrorism. Our institution has carefully integrated on-campus education with distance learning, forming seamless avenues for students to earn degrees.
Flagstaff has a population of about 70,000, rich in cultural diversity. Located at the base of the majestic San Francisco Peaks, Flagstaff is 140 miles north of Phoenix at the intersection of Interstate 17 and Interstate 40.
With its elevation of 7,000 feet and four-season climate, Flagstaff is ideal for year-round outdoor activities. Nearby attractions include the Grand Canyon, Lowell Observatory, Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona, Monument Valley, Sunset Crater, Meteor Crater, and Arizona Snowbowl.
The university is committed to a diverse and civil working and learning environment.
For information about diversity, access and equity at NAU, see nau.edu/Center-for-University-Access-and-Inclusion/.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
• Works with university clients in order to design, draft, estimate, and assist with the implementation of interior and architectural services
• Guides and holds accountable 3rd party design professionals and furniture vendors to define scope and deliver projects that meet schedule, budget and scope needs.
• Plans layouts of project and integrates related engineering elements for the development of construction documents.
• Develops specifications, conducts materials research, and selects materials required for renovations and alterations. Reviews drawings and documents to ensure compliance with specifications and standards.
• Prepares drawings, specifications, and construction documents.
• Collects and analyzes data on site conditions for preparation of architectural analysis and plans.
• Completes preliminary architectural studies for new structures and alterations to existing structures and site development.
• Demonstrates successful project leadership by defining, developing and meeting project requirements, goals, budget and schedule.
• Ensure the quality and success of projects by managing consultants’ design and recommend design modifications as required in the best interest of the university.
• Take ownership and be the champion of assigned projects. Effectively lead project teams of design professionals, facility users, and various university departments by exemplifying high standards.
• Provide organization, leadership, and coordination to the project team.
• Collaborates as needed in the selection of finishes, fixtures, furniture, and other architectural elements to ensure selections meet needs and all appropriate codes and requirements.
• Adheres to site, environment, local and federal regulations, building codes, and local planning and zoning laws.
• Resolves complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
• Selects appropriate materials for use in designs.
• Writes reports, produces estimated costs, presents proposals to clients for approval, and discusses requirement with clients.
• Oversees the management and maintenance of job files, such as resource libraries, schedules, and procurement and budget tracking documents.
• Oversees, reviews, and manages required correspondence for all aspects of design work.
• Contributes to the university design guidelines and technical standards as a subject matter expert in interior design and building aesthetics.
• Review project documentation to ensure project requirements, quality of design, and compliance with University design standards, as well as appropriate codes and standards.
• Report current status and coordinate future milestones of projects to all relevant stakeholders and supervisors.
• Education – Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Experience – 5-7 years relevant experience
• Credentials – Licensed Architect
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.