Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
Admission Advising and Entry Services Requirements
• Assess student needs and advising techniques to serve prospective students and families from diverse backgrounds and, more specifically, veterans, students with disabilities, Running Start, and International students.
• Independently guide prospective students through the process of identifying and attaining their educational and career goals; monitor and track student progress.
• Provide one-on-one and group admission advising services and presentations utilizing technology to organize and present information sessions, new student orientations and campus tours based on the specific needs, rather than general needs for prospective students and other campus visitors.
• Interpret English and Math placement results, advising students on the proper course selection/sequence using tools such as Degree Audit, HP SMS, Target X, and other advising software.
• Collaborate with other departments (Office of International Education and Global Initiatives, High School Programs, Disability Resource Center, TRiO, MCS, Student Programs, and others) to plan and coordinate student flow processes.
• Present New Student Orientation and BC Information Session to students in the form of scheduled sessions.
• Create and write communication templates, which meet individual prospective student needs in terms of next steps and process requirements.
• Provide leadership to Welcome Center’s BC Ambassadors and the daily operations of the Welcome Center Department.
• Maintain confidential student information and adhere to FERPA guidelines.
Outreach and Recruitment Coordination
• Organize, participate and represent the college in outreach efforts, which promote the college to high school students, faculty and staff, and attend community outreach events.
• Provide entry advising to prospective student applicants about opportunities available at Bellevue College.
• Develop and revise both online and in-person content material for New Student Orientation and Information Session in order that it reflects the College’s programs, resources and best practices.
• Manage inventory and budget for outreach materials. Order and request new materials.
• Document, collect, and report meaningful contact information of prospective students in Target X and/or software system as appropriate.
• Maintains up-to-date record keeping for all assigned students and utilizes specifics to proactively communicate with student.
• Create and develop essential materials, information sheets, view books, and flyers that promote the campus programs and resources for use in outreach/recruiting events and in the Welcome Center Department.
• Provide professional development and training for staff members on presentation strategies, admission advising guidelines, local and federal policies, and other issues related to behavioral practices at Bellevue College.
• Participate in task force committees or other groups to support departmental and/or college-wide goals to advocate for student needs.
Information and Customer Services
• Document all activities in CRM, Target X, and/or software system as appropriate.
• Provide technical support and guidance to faculty and staff as related to Bellevue
• College academic pathways and admission processes.
• Participate in and coordinate the daily operations of the Welcome Center.
• Independently advise students regarding registration for first-quarter classes, the
• development of an educational plan, admission requirements, and funding options
• based on individual circumstances.
• Attend conferences and/or workshops if needed.
Lead Bellevue College Ambassadors
• Collaborate with Outreach Director to establish an expectation for all BC Ambassadors to use a direct transformational service model when working with prospective students, campus visitors, and BC students in person, on the phone, email, or via online.
• Regularly assign, train, instruct, and lead BC Ambassadors to focus on the prospective student experience and to take a holistic approach when working with prospective students and families at Bellevue College and during outreach events.
• Support the Outreach Director, College Navigators, and Admission Advisors to build an effective team that is results driven and characterized by collaboration and cooperation.
• Support the supervision of designated BC Ambassadors at Bellevue College and during outreach events. Help to select, hire, and evaluate BC Ambassadors, make recommendations for disciplinary action, approve/deny leave requests, evaluate BC Ambassadors performance on a yearly basis, resolve grievances in consultation with HR, establish office expectations, and take corrective action.
• Provide direct training and lead to BC Ambassadors’ work with Target X and other online resources.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Two (2) year of academic advising, educational planning, or career advising in a higher education setting.
• Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment with diverse employees and student/customer groups.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills in the areas of collaboration, team participation, creative problem-solving, conflict resolution, and group planning.
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, CRM, Target X, and Outlook.
• Demonstrated ability to use computers for data entry, web applications, searching the internet, and troubleshooting basic computer issues.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain student satisfaction and relationships with academic departments and services offered.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2013547