Florida Atlantic University
FAU Profile: Academics
Classified as a “High Research Activity” university by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, FAU provides opportunity and choice for its 28,000 students through more than 170 bachelor’s, master’s, specialist’s and doctoral degree programs. Currently, FAU awards nearly 6,000 degrees annually, more than 75 percent of those at the baccalaureate level.
For Fall 2009, average class size at the undergraduate level is 34 in lectures, 20 in labs and 32 in discussion sections. The student-to-faculty ratio for undergraduate classes is 18 to 1; 32 percent of undergraduate classes have fewer than 20 students while 11 percent of classes have 50 or more students. Graduate-level lecture classes average 12 students.
A number of FAU’s academic programs have achieved national recognition. One that consistently stands out is ocean engineering, a field of study that was pioneered at FAU in 1965 with the establishment of the first such department in the country. Faculty and student researchers at FAU’s specialized SeaTech center, located in Dania Beach between the ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway, conduct millions of dollars of research annually for the U.S. Navy on autonomous underwater vehicles and other security-related projects.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Administrative Services Specialist, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic’s faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
• Serves as the Administrative Services Specialist to the Director of Physical Plant-Boca Raton Campus and serves all administrative duties for the department.
• Maintains Physical Plant asset management program and processes. Responsibilities include managing the FAMIS system, routing assignments, completing, running FAMIS reports, following up with the maintenance crew and assisting with management of contractors.
• Represents the department and serves on committees at the request of the Director.
• Serves as a liaison with the warehouse, garage, FAU Public Safety, Design & Construction Services, Engineering & Utilities and all other non-divisional areas.
• Interfaces with the Controller’s Office, Purchasing, and other departments to accomplish the processing of emergency and non-emergency repairs, maintenance and collection of bills in a timely manner.
• Maintains quality service by enforcing customer service standards; analyzes and resolves quality and customer service problems; recommends system improvements for service outside vendors and departmental units, related to repair and maintenance billing for all campuses.
• May be required to work during an emergency affecting the University.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent and two years of appropriate experience required.
Experience running work control, computer skills, software knowledge and customer service experience preferred.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now (REQ08474).
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ntq8bx3rswwxbjjb