The Planning Academies and Academy Council supports SCUP’s strategic plan initiatives adopted by the SCUP Board. The council supports the following initiatives:
Engage our Communities in Creating and Delivering Value
- Strategy: Engagement – Enhance and expand opportunities to connect individuals, institutions, and organizations that advance higher education.
Deliver Learning that Strengthens and Transforms Higher Education Planning
- Strategy: Institutional Support – Develop, implement, and continually improve services to develop institutional planning capabilities.
- Strategy: Collaborative Learning – Create stakeholder networks designed to improve collaboration, share effective practices, and solve critical problems facing our stakeholders.
The Planning Academies
Planning Academy members contribute to SCUP according to their time, expertise, and inclination. Contributions range from reviewing conference proposals to participating in peer-to-peer informal learning.
SCUP has four Planning Academies. These Academies, with their respective members, are:
- Institutional Direction Planning Academy
- Academic Planning Academy
- Campus Planning Academy
- Resource and Budget Planning Academy
SCUP’s Academy Council
Each Planning Academy is led by a convener and an associate convener. These eight individuals constitute the Academy Council.
Current Academy Council members:
- Larry Goldstein, Convener, Resource and Budget Planning Academy, President, Campus Strategies, LLC
- Linda Schoonmaker, Associate Convener, Resource and Budget Planning Academy, Vice President for Finance and Administration, Big Bend Community College
- Joel Frater, Convener, Academic Planning Academy, Executive Dean at Damon City Campus, Monroe Community College
- William Massey, Convener, Campus Planning Academy, Principal, Sasaki
- Todd Dolson, Associate Convener, Campus Planning Academy, Vice President, Stevens & Wilkinson