With a little help from friends, we’ve located a number of planners who blog. Here’s a beginning list. We’ll collect more. And we want more who are connected to campus communities. If you know of a SCUP member who blogs, please send their blog’s URL to firstname.lastname@example.org. Several of these are from Chicago and thus may be of special interest to those who wish to understand current urban planning issues in the home of SCUP–47.
- Lynn Stevens, the Peopling Places blog: Most recently post is Park concept for Logan Square “el” station
- Jason Tinkey, The Planner’s Dream Gone Wrong blog: Most recent post is It’s Not a War, It’s a Global Struggle (War on Cars)
- John Greenfield and Steven Vance, the Grid Chicago blog: Most recent post is Fatality Tracker: Person dies at Ravenswood platform
- Steven Vance, the Steven Can Plan blog: Most recent post is Over Here in Richmond, Virginia
- Payton Chung, the West North blog: Most recent post is Romney Schedules the Long-Promised ‘Bathtub Drowning’
- Richard Layman, the Rebuilding Place in the Urban Space blog: Most recent post is Virginia Beach municipal workers unions taking positions against transit: see budget as either/or choice
- Kristin Jeffers, the Black Urbanist blog: Most recent post is Five Ways Government Workers and Officials Are Master Placemakers